On 23rd and 24th of January 2017 P.R.I.M.E. Finance held its 6th Annual Conference at the Peace Palace in The Hague.
Conference programme. The Full Programme of the 6th Annual Conference can be found here.
Speakers' presentations: To access the presentations, slides and notes of the speakers at our Annual Conference, please click here.
The 6th Annual Conference of P.R.I.M.E. Finance has been, once again, a great success. We were delighted to receive around 200 delegates from all over the world during two days of exciting and thought-provoking discussions. The Annual Conference is an excellent opportunity to gain insight into recent case law and related topical issues regarding complex financial products, and also offered a unique chance to personally discuss these developments with our Experts and hear what issues they view as important for complex financial disputes.
The Speakers that presented during the Annual Conference were:
- Professor Dr. Georges Affaki - Professor of International Banking Law and Dispute Resolution, University of Paris II; Independent Arbitrator and Avocat à la Cour, Paris
- H.E. The Hon. Sir David Baragwanath KNZM - Chairman, P.R.I.M.E. Finance Advisory Board; Appellate Judge and former President, The Special Tribunal for Lebanon; Overseas Bencher, The Inner Temple
- Professor Dr. Dr. h.c. Carl Baudenbacher - President, EFTA Court
- Joseph Bauman - Former CFO and Founder, Primus Guaranty, Ltd.; Former Executive Vice President and Chief Administrative Officer, Athilon Group Holdings Corp.; Former Chairman, International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA)
- Mark Brickell - Chairman and CEO, Clear Markets Holdings, Inc.; Former Chairman, International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA)
- Andy Brindle - Principal, Valere Capital Partners LLP
- Michael Brindle QC - Barrister at Fountain Court Chambers
- Dr. Sharon Brown-Hruska - Vice President, Securities and Finance Practice at NERA Economic Consulting
- Pedro Cardigos - Partner, CARDIGOS
- Lisa Curran - Senior Counsel at Allen & Overy LLP
- Massimiliano Danusso - Partner, Bonelli Erede (London)
- Eli Whitney Debevoise II - Senior Partner at Arnold & Porter LLP
- The Hon. Justice Arthur Emmett - Judge of Appeal of the Supreme Court of New South Wales
- Ingrid van Engelshoven - Deputy Mayor of The Hague
- Simon Firth - Partner, Linklaters LLP; Author of Derivatives: Law and Practice;
- Matthew Gearing QC - Global Co-Head of International Arbitration Group, Partner, Allen & Overy, Hong Kong
- Professor Jeffrey Golden - Chairman of the Management Board of the P.R.I.M.E. Finance Foundation; Governor and Honorary Fellow, London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE); 3 Hare Court Chambers
- Walter Gontarek - CEO and Senior Partner, Co-founder, Channel Capital Advisors
- Richard Grove - Chief Executive Officer at Rutter Associates LLC
- Dr. Hendrik Haag - Partner at Hengeler Mueller
- George Handjinicolaou - Chairman of the Board, Piraeus Bank; former Deputy CEO International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA)
- Sir Robert Hildyard - High Court and Financial List Judge in England and Wales, Chancery Division
- Carolyn Jackson - Partner at Katten Muchin Rosenman UK LLP
- Vladimir Khrenov - Partner at Monastyrsky, Zyuba, Stepanov & Partners
- Antoine Maffei - Founding Partner at De Pardieu Brocas Maffei A.A.R.P.I.
- Dr. Steven Maijoor - Chair of the European Securities and Markets Authority
- Professor Dr. Gerard Meijer - Secretary-General of P.R.I.M.E. Finance; Partner at NautaDutilh N.V.
- Andrea Menaker - Partner, White & Case (Washington, DC)
- Professor Tetsuo Morishita - Professor of Sophia University Law School (Japan)
- Habib Motani - Partner in Clifford Chance LLP’s International Financial Markets Group
- Edward Murray - Consultant, Allen & Overy LLP; Deputy High Court Judge in England and Wales, Chancery Division
- The Hon. Judge James M. Peck - Global Co-Chair, Business Restructuring & Insolvency Group, Morrison & Foerster LLP; former United States Bankruptcy Judge for the Southern District of New York
- Dr. Joanna Perkins - Chief Executive, Financial Markets Law Committee (FMLC); Barrister, South Square Chambers
- Robert Pickel - Affiliate, Rutter Associates LLC; Former Chief Executive Officer of International Swaps and Derivatives Association
- Prof. Dr. Pim Rank - Partner at NautaDutilh, Amsterdam
- Jonathan Ross - Director of The Reserve Bank of New Zealand
- Hugo Hans Siblesz - Secretary-General, Permanent Court of Arbitration
- Professor Dr. René Smits - Professor of the Law of EMU, University of Amsterdam; Consultant on EMU law and banking regulation
- The Hon. Judge Elizabeth Stong - Judge of the US Bankruptcy Court in New York
- Harriet Territt - Partner, Jones Day
- Dr. Marten Voulon - Senior Legal Counsel, ABN Amro Bank N.V.
- Prof. Akihiro Wani - Senior Counsel at Ito & Mitomi (Associated Offices of Morrison & Foerster LLP)
- Dr. Thomas Werlen - Partner at Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan
- Dr. Peter Werner - Senior Counsel at the International Swaps and Derivatives Association
- John Williams - Partner, Milbank, Tweed, Hadley & McCloy
- Antony Zacaroli QC - Barrister, South Square Chambers
We look forward to welcoming you again in The Hague next year!
The 6th P.R.I.M.E. Finance Annual Conference takes place also thanks to the invaluable support of our Cooperating Entities.
See the sponsors of the 2017 P.R.I.M.E. Finance Annual Conference here.