From 2012 through 2019, P.R.I.M.E. Finance and The Netherlands Institute for Advanced Study (“NIAS”) established a P.R.I.M.E. Finance Fellowship Program, named in honour of the Rt. Hon. Lord Woolf of Barnes, P.R.I.M.E. Finance’s first Advisory Board Chairman
The following six individuals, all of them P.R.I.M.E. Finance Experts, have the honour of calling themselves Woolf Fellows:
- Sir David Baragwanath KNZM, QC, Appellate Judge and former President of the UN Special Tribunal for Lebanon, and current Chairman of the Advisory Board of P.R.I.M.E. Finance;
- Jonathan Ross, Director at the Reserve Bank of New Zealand and a P.R.I.M.E. Finance Expert;
- Professor Cally Jordan, Associate Professor at Melbourne Law School and a P.R.I.M.E. Finance Expert;
- Don DeAmicis, former Vice President and General Counsel of the Overseas Private Investment Corporation (OPIC) in Washington DC.; and
- Robert G. Pickel, Affiliate, Rutter Associates LLC; former Chief Executive Officer, International Swaps and Derivatives Association (ISDA).
- Joseph Bauman, Affiliate, Rutter Associates LLC; former Chief Administrative Officer, Athilon Group Holdings Corp; former Chairman, ISDA
You can access the papers of the P.R.I.M.E. Finance/NIAS Fellows here:
- Sir David Baragwanath KNZM, QC: click here
- Jonathan Ross: click here
- Professor Cally Jordan: click here
- Robert Pickel:
- Catastrophes, punk eek and hopeful monsters: a new species of financial contract, Capital Markets Law Journal, Volume 12, Issue 3, July 2017, Pages 299–311, https://academic.oup.com/cmlj/article-abstract/12/3/299/4030698?redirectedFrom=fulltext (subscription required)
- Ten Years After: Identifying the Deadliest Sin of the Financial Crisis, Banking & Financial Services Policy Report, Volume 36, Number 11, November 2017, Pages 1-12. On 11 May 2016, Mr. Pickel presented an outline of this article to a group of students, professionals and others as the 11th Hazelhoff Guest Lecture at the Hazelhoff Centre for Financial Law at the University of Leiden. A summary of that presentation can be found at https://www.universiteitleiden.nl/en/news/2016/05/former-ceo-isda-robert-pickel-elaborated-on-the-deadliest-sin-of-the-financial-crisis. For the full article, click here.
- Adapt or die: institutional survival in the post-crisis world, Capital Markets Law Journal, Volume 13, Issue 2, April 2018, Pages 168–184, https://academic.oup.com/cmlj/article-abstract/13/2/168/4938493?redirectedFrom=fulltext (subscription required)
The Fellowship was awarded for one semester of five months. In line with the goals and objectives of NIAS and P.R.I.M.E. Finance, prominent scholars from the legal and financial sciences and governance studies, holding a Ph.D., J.D. or LL.D. degree or equivalent or holding appointment as a member of P.R.I.M.E. Finance’s Expert List, were eligible to apply. The aim of the fellowship was to allow the fellow to undertake research with a view to publication of the work product in a leading academic or market periodical, with research projects being related to P.R.I.M.E. Finance’s core activities.